What to take with to hospital when you are having a C-section
Your stay in the hospital after a c- section can be anything about to four days. Make sure that your hospital bag is packed a few months before you are going in for a C-section. You just never know if your little one decides to come a little bit sooner. Ad least you will be packed and ready to go to the hospital.
Here is a guide for you:
What you will need for yourself:
- Your I.D Book, medical aid card if needed, any additional hospital paperwork.
- Phone and charger
- Toiletries – Toothbrush, toothpaste, lip ice, deodorant, brush, hair band, soap, lotion, shampoo.
- Pajamas, nightgown, socks and slippers
- Comfortable maternity bras, whether or not you decide to breastfeed, your breasts are likely to be tender and swollen when your milk starts to come in. a good maternity bra can help you with some comfort, and breast pads can help with any leaks.
- A Few Cotton underwear
- A book to keep you busy
- Gifts for your older siblings
- A going home outfit. Be sure to pack in something nice and comfortable for you to go home in.
- What your partner needs
- A camera or video camera with charger or batteries
- Comfortable shoes
- Snacks and something to read
- Money for the parking lot or money for the hospital vending machine.
For your Newborn baby:
- An installed car seat. You cannot drive your baby home without one!
- Baby clothes for the hospital stay.
- A going home outfit.
What you do not need to take to the Hospital:
- Any type of jewelry
- Too much cash or any kinds of valuables.
- A breast pump.
We hope that you have a wonderful birth experience. Share your thoughts with us today! Alternatively, Contact us.